Brian and I went to the Mariners game a couple weeks ago and I love baseball games. I love watching them outside - as long as the weather is wonderful. My Dad would take us kids to Dodger games often growing up and I loved it. I am so glad we had beautiful weather this day that Brian and I went, it makes all the difference in the world.
Now on to bigger and better. . .
Yes, only about two weeks left until baby girl #4 is due to arrive. We are way excited. The girls are very aware of how many more days we have but they also know that she will come when she is ready. We are trying to get Fiona out of her diapers (so baby sister can wear them:)) but she fell in the toilet about a month ago and has not really wanted to get back on since. go figure. I refuse to buy those disgusting toddler toilets that I have to clean but I do believe in the little seats that sit on top of the toilet so your child won't fall in. I have one in storage so I didn't want to buy another one. Well, Fiona and I broke down while on our weekly trip to Target and blew the ten bucks the other day. So now we are trying to just get her to not freak out about the big toilet - she has the death grip on me every time I get her to sit on it. She is making progress but it is super slow. Its not like she was in the toilet bowl for very long - her tiny rear end was barely wet when I pulled her up. She has way too good a memory.
So this last story is for sure rated PG-13 but I have to record it before I forget. . . Oni, 7 and Camilla, 6 were in the shower about a month ago and
Oni says in a quiet voice, "Mom I know what that name is for the boys body"
so of course I bite. . .
and she says "p-e-n-i-s and girls is v-u-l-v-a"
HELLLLOOOO!!! "Oh yeah you are right. how did you know that?"
"I read it in the cat book"
CAT BOOK?? "what cat book?"
"the one from the library at school"
WHAT THE!!! "oh, how did you find it in there?"
"I was seeing what kind of a cat I wanted to pretend to be and I saw the pictures"
PICTURES!!!!! "well that is good but lets not use those words too often because some kids still don't know them - like your little sisters and I don't think we need them saying them at the wrong times."
"ok mom"
"and also, lets find some books at the school library that you can read and that have a fun story in them."
"ok mom"
That is probably the funniest thing that I have heard in a long time. I am pretty sure that I didn't learn that "V" word until after I was married...
ReplyDeleteThat is pretty funny and pretty scary at the same time!!! You are about to enter the stage where you give her "the talk". We give it to our kids about the age of 8. We keep it simple, but very informative. Just so they are prepared for things they hear, and see, and read, at school. It is not like it was when we were little, that's all I can say!!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, your hair looks so good. Is it a little blonde? I think it looks hot!! Sure do miss you guys. Keep us posted on baby girl!!
Yay for a post. those are some funny stories. poor fi. i don't blame her for not wanting to sit on the toilet. at least the lid was not up. that is the most traumatizing. funny story about on pon. i am surprised they have those books in the school library. love you guys cant wait fir baby girl to come
ReplyDeleteI hope you don't mind if I stay in touch, I found you on teri's blog...Your family is adorable, and keep us posted on the new arrival. Talk to you soon!
ReplyDeleteOh man! I love a good potty training story cause it gives us hope for our little Felicity. Kids say the darnedest things don't they! I think books should receive the same ratings as movies but then even that wouldn't make much difference the more I think about it. Baseball is best experienced live, I agree. Nothing like the smell of freshly cut grass and almost getting hit by a fly ball. Good times:)
ReplyDelete